Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Tough Week and Matthew 5.4

This has been a tough week. I've got a nagging flu since Tuesday. Fortunately I was able to do a lot of work stretched out on the bed. I was able to teach on Thurs. morning despite a weak voice. It's also my turn to preach on Sunday. It's Sat. night and I'm feeling a little better. I'm praying for my voice to be strong enough. In case you're wondering, yes, we have microphones and amplification in our church. Just as I'm getting better, Lilian caught the other flu bug that's going around. Not good, but hopefully it's a 24 hour bug.

Our church is doing a series on the kingdom of God and we're currently studying the beatitudes. Interestingly, my message tomorrow will be on the second beatitude in Matthew's gospel (ch. 5. verse 4): "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Amen.
I hope my message will be of comfort and give hope, even now as we wait for complete comfort and healing in the Lord's presence: "and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." (Revelation 21:4)
Take courage!

No comments:

Pages